Friday, February 20, 2009

BigHouse has a BIG HOUSE!!!

Wow, alot has happened since June.  BigHouse is now an official organization!  We are working with our accountant to get our 501c3 tax status for non profits.  We hope to get this status later this year, the process takes around 6 months.  We are also working with the owners of the historic Frederick house in Opelika.  The house was moved from downtown Opelika to Andrews Rd. 8 years ago, and has been empty since.  The house was vandalized, so we are currently working to restore the house and prepare it to be the new home to BigHouse.  We will have workdays many Saturdays this spring.  Let us know if you would like to help clean, paint, do yardwork, etc.  

Our goal is to be up and running by August, so we can start our after-school programs with the new school year.  We want to offer tutoring, as well as art, dance, music, drama, and sports lessons.  We will need many volunteers so if you are interested in being involved please let us know!  We will also have opportunities to volunteer on a monthly basis too!

Thanks for reading our blog! We will try to update it more often than every six months!!! 
Keep us in your prayers! 
 
blake and micah

1 comment:

Rjet33 said...

Micah, I have already told your Mom that my daughter and I are available whenever you need us starting immediately whenever. Just let us know what you need. We are still gathering the donations I asked you about. Will get in touch with your Mom as soon as I have everything together to get them to you. Will send you my phone number, etc. through Facebook. I think this is going to be a great thing for our area and I am excited to be able to be a part of it. I know God is going to bless your endeavors.

Blessings!~

Susan